Technical 3D Character Artist
Want to join the brightest minds in computer graphics, led by the industry stalwart responsible for hyper-realistic VFX in Hollywood? Do you want to bring that technology to the masses to empower a local studio into delivering Hollywood grade CGI in media and gaming at a fraction of the cost?
Lumirithmic is an Imperial College spin-out seeking talented engineers to join our growing team with a focus on enhancing our product. We are funded and already working with clients across a variety of industries, including VFX studios, video game publishers, beauty-tech and advertising-tech companies.
In this role you will be expected to handle more than digital art related tasks, and actively participate in brainstorming workflows and speaking to client creatives when the need arises.
We work as a flat hierarchy so you will have the freedom to own, contribute and design our core services. Responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for the clean-up, retopology and maintenance of our 3D character art assets for use in games, VR/ AR, VFX and visualization scenarios
- Ensure art assets are optimized for use in popular game engines, being particularly mindful of performance and best practices
- Occasional concept artwork and marketing assets generation
- Own the art process and technical pipelines; from initial specifications, all the way through to final delivery, ensuring that it is created, documented, implemented and maintained to high industry standards
- Ensure all assets produced are always backed up consistently using source control
- Create template artwork for our research pipelines and iterate with research/software team
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates excellent 3D modeling and texturing skills, with particular focus on accurate character work and a strong understanding in anatomy
- Up to date and comprehensive knowledge of Autodesk Maya (or other relevant 3D content creation packages) and Photoshop
- Show demonstrable ability to spread knowledge through mentoring junior staff and peers
- Excellent understanding of asset import/export process and solid 3D geometry foundation
- Industry standard UV mapping practices, to create well laid out maps
- Extensive understanding of Specular, Albedo, Diffuse and Normal maps
- Production rendering skills using VRay, Renderman or equivalent plugins
- Experience of game asset I/O in Unity / Unreal / Blender.
- Ability with sculpting packages such as ZBrush or Mudbox.
- Traditional concepting illustration visualization solid art foundation.
- Retopology and Mesh Registration skills using Wrap3D or equivalent.
- Knowledge of texture/material creation pipelines such as Substance Painter or equivalent.
- Market Salary
- with Stock Options/Bonus
- 20 days annual leave + Bank Holidays
- Fun culture with regular monthly socials and company retreats
- Industry exposure with travel to best computer graphics conferences to demo the product
- Flexible hybrid working arrangement – WFH or from our amazing studio office near Liverpool Street – whatever suits you
Your real face scan
How to apply: Simply email your CV and cover letter to [email protected]