Research and Software Engineer
Want to join the brightest minds in computer graphics, led by the industry stalwart responsible for hyper-realistic VFX in Hollywood? Do you want to bring that technology to the masses to empower a local studio into delivering Hollywood grade CGI in media and gaming at a fraction of the cost?
Lumirithmic is an Imperial College spin-out seeking talented engineers to join our growing team with a focus on enhancing our product. We are funded and already working with clients across a variety of industries, including VFX studios, video game publishers, beauty-tech and advertising-tech companies.
You will be expected to handle more than development related tasks, and actively participate in brainstorming solutions and speaking to client developers when the need arises. We work as a flat hierarchy so you will have the freedom to own, contribute and develop our core services. Responsibilities include:
- Problem solving and solution prototyping with a great range of CS knowledge, e.g. network synchronization.
- Write prototype and production quality code (C++, C#, Python) across all products/solutions
- Co-engineer working pipelines and prepare code, algorithms and setups for the software engineering team (with software engineering lead)
- Later work will generally shift to more software engineering practice and build industry standard software (with software engineering lead)
- Software engineering components of 3D appearance capture products (with both research engineering and software engineering lead).
- Developing our software which will allow us to take our product to market.
- Proactively identify and tackle technical issues. Taking part in the refining of the system architecture, helping to define product features, and using best practices to enable the best quality product.
- Research in ML for future products
Work alongside PhDs and actively research for new elements/solutions which improve the product’s current and future capabilities
- Experience with Computer Graphics or Computer Vision pipeline
- Proficient in Unity3D and the general game development pipeline
- An expected experience of 2 years using Unity3D commercially
- At least 3-5 years of C#/.NET development experience
- OOP / Patterns / Functional programming fundamentals
- OS level scripting knowledge in Powershell / bash
- Software engineering practices with knowledge in
- Git based workflow
- DevOps / CI-CD
- Clean code
- Python development with AI/ML
- (Preferable) Knowledge using 3D tools like Blender / 2D tools like Photoshop
- (Preferable) C/C++ experience
- (Preferable) Development experience using Swift/Kotlin/Flutter
Soft Skills Requirements
- Must have excellent communication skills and be able to organize own work in sprint sessions and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Market Salary
- with Stock Options/Bonus
- 20 days annual leave + Bank Holidays
- Fun culture with regular monthly socials and company retreats
- Industry exposure with travel to best computer graphics conferences to demo the product
- Flexible hybrid working arrangement – WFH or from our amazing studio office near Liverpool Street – whatever suits you
- Your real face scan
- Author in journal quality research papers
- Co-inventor in patents
How to apply: Simply email your CV and cover letter to [email protected]